LEYLAND CRICKET CLUB
Founded: 1848. Joined Northern League: 1952
Leyland Cricket Club was formed after Leyland and
Farington CC and Leyland Motors CC joined together in February 2007.
They play at the Stanning Memorial Ground.
Both Leyland teams were founder members of the Northern League.
Leyland CC was originally founded in 1848 and the Fox Lane ground was
opened in 1880, marked by a prestigious game against a South XI. In 2000 the club merged
with BTR CC and played as Leyland and Farington CC.
Leyland Motors CC was formed in 1919 as part of the Sports and Social Club for employees of
the Leyland Motors vehicle works and played at Sandy Lane.
Both clubs joined the Ribblesdale League in 1921, Leyland winning the championship
in 1921, 1925, 1926, 1935 and 1938 and Leyland Motors in 1939. Leyland
were Northern League champions in 1961, 1981, 1991, 2010 and 2013, and Leyland
Motors champions in 1973. Leyland were division two champions in 1952
and 1955, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and Leyland Motors division two champions in 1953.
The 2010 season was an incredible one for the Leyland club with their first,
second, third and fourth teams all winning their respective leagues, a
feat also achieved by the club's two Sunday elevens.
The Stanning Memorial Ground,
Tel: 01772 433975
Directions: Leave M6 at Junction 28. turn towards the A49 southbound. At the first set of traffic lights on the
A49 turn right on the B5248 back over the motorway. At the mini roundabout take the first exit into Church Road. After two mini
roundabouts and the traffic lights (with the church on the left-hand
side) take the second exit at next mini roundabout into Fox Lane. The
ground is 400 yards on the left hand side.
119 Fox Lane
Mobile: 07855 900872
76 Langdale Road
Tel: 07847 522560
Club Welfare Officer:
Tel: 01772 746125,
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Section Contact:
130 Fossdale Moss
Tel: 07824 365105
97 Fox Lane,
Tel: 01772 492393
E-mail - email@example.com
Northern League Committee Member
33 Thornton Drive,
Tel: 01254 853749
PALLETT ACHIEVES 500 WICKET MILESTONE
REECE HELPS RE-WRITE THE RECORD BOOKS
Holders of Club Office for years 1975 - to-date
Click Here to send your comments.|